Founded on: September, 2011
CEO: Evan Spiegel
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Employees: 330 as of August, 2015
Total Number of Snapchat Users:
Last updated: 6/3/15
Total Number of Daily Active Snapchat Users:
Last updated: 3/15/15
Percentage of US Social Media users that Use Snapchat:
Last updated: 1/9/15
Amount Snapchat has raised:
Number of Snapchat users who upload photos:
Number of Snapchat Daily Views:
More than 8 billion
Last updated: 3/11/16
- 71% of Snapchat users are under 34 years old.
- Roughly 70% of Snapchat users are female.
- 30% of US Millennial Internet Users use Snapchat regularly.
- Ireland is the top country for Snapchat Usage based on percentage of usage by adults in each market.
- 50% of Male College students share selfies on Snapchat, the number is higher in Female college students. 77% to be precise.
- 45% of Snapchat users are aged between 18-24.
- Snapchat reaches 11% of Total US Digital population.
- More than 25% of UK Smartphone users are on Snapchat, in Norway the number goes up to 50%.
- Snapchat generated $3.1 million in 2014, for a company valued at $20 billion this is far from being profitable.
- Snapchat lost $128 million in 2014 and the only revenue they generated was only in last few months of 2014.
- Snapchat’s largest expenses, aside from payroll, came from $47 million spent on product and $13.7 million for “outside services.”
- Snapchat is valued at $15 billion the last time it raised money.
- More than 400 million Snapchat stories are created per day.
- It would take you 10 years to view all the photos shared on Snapchat in the last hour.
- By the time you’d viewed those, another 880,000 years’ worth of photos would have been shared.
- More than 20,000 photos are shared every second.