Founded on: 2004
CEO: Mark Zuckerberg
Headquarters: 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025
Employees: 10,955 employees as of June 30, 2015
Total Number of Monthly Active Users:
Last updated: 1/1/18
Total Number of Mobile Monthly Active Users:
Last updated: 1/24/17
Total Number of Desktop Daily Active Users:
Last updated: 1/1/18
Total number of Mobile Daily Active Users:
Last updated: 6/24/17
- Facebook users are 53% female and 47% male.
- Average Facebook user has 155 “friends”.
- 56% of online Seniors aged 65+ are on Facebook and 63% are between age 50-64.
- 87% of online users of age 18-29 are on Facebook.
- 74% college graduates are on Facebook.
- 72% of online users of income more than $75K are on Facebook.
- 82 percent of 18 to 29-year-olds online in the U.S. use Facebook.
- 79 percent of 30 to 49-year-olds online in the U.S. use Facebook.
- 56 percent of U.S. online users ages 65 and up use Facebook.
- More than 40 million small businesses have active pages pages
- The Facebook like button has been pressed 1.13 trillion times..
- As of January 2016, 100 million hours of video was watched on Facebook Daily.
- The average time spent on Facebook per visit is 20 minutes making the average monthly time spent to 600 minutes.
- More than 83% of daily active users are outside the US and Canada the number has grown from 75% in previous year which goes on to show the increased growth in rest of the world.
- Percent of 18-34 year old who check Facebook when they wake up is 48%.
- Average number of pages, groups, and events a user is connected to is 80.
- 350 Million photos are uploaded every day, with 14.58 million photo uploads per hour, 243,000 photo uploads per minute, and 4,000 photo uploads per second.
- Every 20 Minutes, 1 million links are shared, 20 million friend requests are sent, and 3 million messages are sent.
- 55 million status updates are made every day.
- Facebook is available in 101 languages with over 300,000 users helping in translation.
Note: Please link back to OmnicoreAgency.com and this page when you reference/quote the statistic.