Did you watch a video online today? Chances are that you might have.
Video is growing rapidly in importance and popularity mostly for good reason.
Today, video marketing strategy sits as one of the top marketing tools you need for a successful marketing strategy after podcasting. It is not surprising given how effective this form of content is in increasing brand awareness, for example through product demos which ultimately increase sales.
And it’s not hard to understand why. Video excites and engages people like few other types of content, whether they’re consuming entertainment, news, sports or branded messaging.
Video has the power to bring people together, to engage and teach them, to create cultural conversations.
That’s why savvy digital marketers know video is a crucial component of a broad content marketing strategy. Blog posts, social media and white papers are all well and good, but if the current trends hold up, the future of marketing, and maybe the internet itself, will be video.
If you are just starting out with video marketing, besides having a clear strategy, you also need to invest in video gear which will include the following:
Vlogging Camera – To Shoot Crispy Vide
LED Video Lights – For Better Production Quality
Microphone for DSLR Camera – For Quality Sound
Digital Voice Recorder – For Backup Audio Recording
Camera Crane – IF you want to take the videos to the next level
Today’s marketer is already catching on to the importance of video, and with this infographic, we’ll explore why those who haven’t embraced video production should want to do so soon or risk being left behind.
If you want to obtain the best Return on Investment from your marketing efforts, knowledge is vital. This article will show the latest video marketing statistics to help you decide if it is a good idea to make a marketing video. It will also show you which parts of the marketing campaign to focus on to ensure success.
Let’s look at the numbers and find out where to focus your efforts.
Videos for Marketing
- Video marketing continues to rise as a leading marketing tool, 9 out of 10 companies use videos. Some of the types on videos include; live videos, video posts, video ads and so on. A good video can also boost SEO ranking.
- In 2017, 63% of companies used video marketing. The number rose to 81% in 2018 and 87% in 2019, showing it as one of the most popular content types. (Wyzowl)
- B2C marketers use a variety of content types in their social media marketing strategy with social media posts at 96%, video at 76%, illustrations and photos at 67% and infographics at 59%. (contentmarketinginstitute)
- 85% of American internet users watch online videos. (Statista)
- It is estimated that by 2022, 82% of all consumer internet traffic will be made up of videos. This number is 15x higher than what it was in 2017. (Cisco)
- 9 in 10 marketers were able to land a new customer using video posted on social media platforms. Over 75% of consumers say that videos have convinced them to buy software or download an app. (Animoto)
- Video is the most desired method for learning about new products at 68%. Followed by blog posts at 15%, manual or ebook (4%), pitch (4%), infographic (3%), sales call or product demos (3%), and others (3%). (Uq.edu.au)
- Using video on your landing page can increase the chances of lead generation to conversion by 80%. (Eyeviewdigital) While marketing emails with videos have a higher open rate of over 6 times. (Hubspot)
- 64% of users found more likely to purchase a product online after seeing a video. (Hubspot)
- 78% of people watch online videos every week while 55% of people do so every day. 72% of consumers would choose to learn about a product or service through videos. (Hubspot)
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos over television. (Google)
- 59% of executives prefer video instead of text. (Wordstream)
- By 2020, nearly 1 million minutes of video will cross the Internet per second. (Cisco)
- A website is 53 times more likely to end up on Google’s front page if it comes with a video. (Insivia)
- Around 50% of internet users search for videos related to a product or service before visiting a physical or online store. (Hubspot)
- Videos increase organic search traffic on a website by 157%. (Conversion XL)
- 85% of consumers want to see more video content from brands. (Hubspot)
- 97% of marketing professionals believe that video is useful for helping consumers understand their products and services. (Hubspot)
- People spend 2.6x more time on pages that have videos than without. (Wistia)
- By 2021 82% of internet traffic will be made up of videos. (Cisco )
- 93% of marketers use video. (SingleGrain)
- 82% of users hate autoplay, which is why Google Chrome stops autoplay ads so that those users will stick around.(Marketing Land)
- 23% of marketers use Interactive (Wyzowl )
- Marketers expect to lose 33% of the viewers within the first 30 seconds. 45% and 60% will stop watching after a minute or two. (AdAge)
- Shoppers who view video are 1.81 times more likely to purchase than non-viewers. Well placed video content can increase conversion rate by 80%. (Blogs.Adobe)
- 9 percent of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI (Blogs.Adobe)
- Infographics are 3 times more likely to be shared on social media than other forms of content (MassPlanner)
- 65% of senior marketing executives believe that images, videos such as explainer videos and illustrations, and infographics are core to communicating their brand stories with the audience. (CMOCouncil)
Mobile Video Marketing
- Mobile video consumption increases by 100% every year. 95% of a message is retained by viewers if watched in a video, compared to text, which is only 10%. (Insivia)
- 28% of smartphone users watch videos on their phones at least once a day. 33% of tablet owners watch an hour of video every day. 92% of mobile video consumers share it with others. (Virtuets)
- While YouTube’s global watch time is 40% mobile. (Renderforest)
- 55% of shoppers often research on their mobile devices, for visual content helps with product selection. (Renderforest)
- 75% of video plays worldwide are on mobile devices. (eMarketer)
- People are 1.5x more likely to watch video on their mobile devices.(Facebook)
- Smartphones are the leading choice of device for video content consumption with 78% of mobile data traffic being videos. (Entrepreneur)
- The country with the highest daily online video access is Saudi Arabia at 98%. (Statista)
- By 2021, the global IP networks will have a million minutes of videos crossing them. (Forbes)
- Men spend 40% more time watching videos online. Also, the millennial age group views the most online videos. (Wordstream)
- Periscope users have created over 200 million. (Medium)
Videos and Social Media
- Social media posts with videos have 48% more views. (Hubspot)
- Social media videos generate 1200% more shares than text and images combined. (Wordstream)
- 75 million people visit Facebook’s video platform each day. (Adweek)
- Facebook has more than 8 billion video views each day. (TechCrunch)
- 62% of people are more interested in a product or service after seeing it in a Facebook Story. (Marketing Land)
- Facebook’s video promotions are now as popular as photo promotions. (Socialbakers)
- Compared to YouTube video links, Facebook’s native videos have 10x higher reach. (Socialbakers)
- Videos attach 300% more traffic and nurture more leads. (MarketingSherpa)
- 100 million hours of videos are played on facebook with 85% of them watched without sound. (Digiday)
- 82% of online users watch videos on Twitter. (Insivia) 45% of people watch over an hour of YouTube or Facebook videos per week. (Wordstream)
- A Facebook executive predicts that by 2021, there will be no text and all video on the platform. (Quartz)
- 73% of B2B marketers say the ROI of videos is always positive. (Tubular Insights)
- Every day, people watch over 500 million hours of videos on YouTube. (Buffer)
- Every minute, YouTube gets an upload of 72 hours of video. (Insivia)
- LinkedIn video campaigns receive view rates of 50%. (Linkedin)
- 90% of Twitter video views are on a mobile device. Also, 45% of their viewers want to view more celebrity videos. (Twitter)
- Snapchat users watch around 10 billion videos every day. (Mashable)
- 88% of marketers say they have been successful in utilizing videos for Instagram which also include IGTV. (Wyzowl)
- 75% of IG users have taken action after viewing the brand’s video content on the platform. (Hootsuite)
- 84% of marketers say that using videos on LinkedIn has been successful. (Smart Insights)
All these statistics are numbers that can significantly help you decide on how to utilize videos in your marketing campaign. With videos’ increasing importance in driving traffic, improving sales, nurturing leads, and more, adding it to your strategy is imperative.
Photo Credit: Unsplash